Adur and Worthing Covid-19 Communities Update
27th November 2020
I do hope that you are keeping well and staying safe.
We are still trying to ensure these messages are reaching different and diverse parts of our communities. Please do continue to share this survey here so that people can sign up for these updates
Adur and Worthing: Tier 2
As you may be aware, the government has announced that from Wednesday (December 2), Adur and Worthing - as with the rest of West Sussex - will be placed in Tier 2 of the new national system of COVID levels. This places us in a High Alert area meaning some additional restrictions will need to be in place.
You can find a full breakdown of the new restrictions here.
You can continue to review the latest data for West Sussex about Covid-19 using this data set. Our incidence rates of positive covid cases remain relatively low for the last reported week (14th-20th November):
- Worthing - 73.3 per 100,000 (7 day incidence rate)
- Adur - 79.3 per 100,000 (7 day incidence rate )
- West Sussex - 105.8 per 100,000 (7 day incidence rate)
We continue to provide, in partnership with community groups and agencies, our Community Response to those who require support with food, wellbeing or medication as a result of COVID-19. This continues to be focused on people who are self isolating, living alone or do not have any existing help/support. It can be accessed at:
Those who need help completing the online form can call 01903 221222 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
Our local system works alongside the county-wide Community Hubs scheme run by West Sussex County Council.
Employment advice and support
We have good information and guidance on everything relating to work, including work support, dealing with money/benefits issues, wider wellbeing issues and the opportunity to speak to an employment advisor. This can be accessed here.
Self Isolation Payments
The Councils continue to administer £500 self isolation payments for anyone:
- instructed to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because they've tested positive or are the close contact of a positive case; and
- employed or self-employed; and
- unable to work from home and will lose income as a result; and
- currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
The online application system is available here.
Covid-19 advice, guidance and regulation
Our Public Health & Regulation team continue to provide advice and support to businesses, organisations and the community:
- Ensuring that businesses are COVID secure.
- Supporting the NHS Test and Trace system by ensuring relevant premises collect customer details and display a QR Code.
- Ensuring that relevant businesses and organisations comply with the closure restrictions.
You can find further information at the Councils’ business advice page.
As a helpful reminder, the government’s most recent advice is to:
- Wash hands - keep washing your hands regularly
- Cover face - wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
- Make space - stay at least 2 metres apart (or 1 metre with precautions)
- Get tested if you display symptoms (high temperature / new continuous cough / loss or change to your taste or smell)
As always your cooperation is very much appreciated. If you have any questions on any of the above or suggestions about how we can strengthen our community response then please contact me on the details below.
Head of Wellbeing
Adur and Worthing Councils